Friday, January 07, 2022

England 2018 (Part 6-last part!)



 If you are in London, going to the theatre is a must, especially if you are a theatre artist, like me. And although I promised Miguel we wouldn't do a lot of theatre, we did see four plays (that's not a lot! If by myself or my friend Jimmy, we would see two to three shows per week.)

One play was very short (10 min.) and free. It was also a puppet show so it doesn't count. It was Fantastic though!



We saw a play by The Mischief Theatre Company titled, "The Comedy About the Bank Robbery." Funny, but not as good as their production of "The Play that Goes Wrong."


Our friend Jimmy recommend a new musical, Everyone's Talking about Jaime. So, we went to see it and I loved it so much that I waited to meet the actors and even bought the music and the script. The musical was then turned into a film. It is available now on Prime.


 
We decided to see a second musical, only because the leads in it are famous, it is a traditional musical and it is one of my favorites: The King and I.


And last but not least, we have to attend to my obsession: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child! Talking about 6 hours of great entertainment and magic in one day! The most memorable theatrical experience!

The Majestic Theater, West End, London

Tickets, program, button, and stet shots

And so, my last entry on this travel journey must end with my favorite thing: Harry Potter. And I don't mean the play, but visiting the Warner Brothers "The Making of Harry Potter" lots in Watford, England. Just a train ride away from London. Really, the trip is easy. 

Right at the entrance of the Harry Potter Lots

Pivet Drive

Hogwarts Main Hall Entrance

Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

The Hogwarts Express

Dumbledore's Office Entrance

The Chess Pieces from the film

There is more I could show, but I think this is enough. Posting this images from our 2018 trip gives me hope that I will be able to travel in 2022. I hope. The pandemic continues and unfortunately, people still believe it isn't real. 

No comments: