Sunday, April 16, 2006



SUMMER 2005

During the summer, I went to Mexico City for three weeks. Those three weeks were very exciting to me. I spent one week with my best friend Luis and other friends from the United States, and one week with my sister and her children. I truly enjoyed my visit and this time, I went to Xochimilco, a beautiful part of Mexico City where the streets are calm rives and the only way to travel is on small canoes decorated with wild flowers. To this visit, you bring nothing, no food, no drinks, just lots of money, a camera and a good attitude. Everything you need you will find as you travel in your canoe. There is live mariachi music on other canoes, canoe restaurants, and ice cream parlor canoes, you name it; they have it. They even have special stops so you can use the restroom facilities. It was a great trip and a great experience.

After my visit to Mexico City, I taught two theatre classes at the local community college, and when I was not teaching, I was writing my next play, which unbeknown to me, would become my thesis.

No comments: