Tuesday, September 11, 2007

For a week, I was in Montreal, Canada, participating in the (Latin America Studies Association) LASA Conference. I must say I found Montreal the most beautiful city I have ever visited. And of course I enjoyed myself.Por una semana estuve en Montreal, Canada atendiendo la Conferencia de Estudios Latinoamericanos. Les digo que Montreal es la ciudad mas hermosa que he visitado, y claro, me divertí a lo lindo.

The Conference took place at The Queen Elizabeth-Fairmont Hotel and at the Hilton. Next to the Le Reine Elizabele Hotel, is an incredible church known as the "Basilique Marie-Reine-du Monde Cathedrale."La conferencia se llevó a cabo en el hotel Reina Isabel-Fairmont y en el Hilton. Junto al "Le Reine Elizabele Hotel" hay una iglesia increible llamada "Basilique Marie-Reine-du-Monde Cathedrale."

Just 1.8 kilometers from the hotel, I was staying at a Youth Hostel on RUE RENE-LAVESQUE OUEST.Solo a 1.8 kilómetros del hotel, yo me albergué en un Hostel para adolescente en RUE RENE-LAVESQUE OUEST.

One of my favorite pictures was taken at the boardwalk in Old Montreal. I tell you, it is the most beautiful place to be.Una de mis fotos favoritas fue tomada en Old Montreal. Les aseguro que es un lugar muy hermoso.

And this picture was taken right Centre-Ville (downtown). The street is Rue McGill College and in the background McGill Universite.
Esta foto fue tomada en Centre-Ville (Centro de la ciudad.) La calle es Rue McGill College y al fondo se encuentra McGill Universite.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and when does the Seattle visit happen? :)

Anonymous said...

Carlos, como siempre es un placer leerte y me encantan los lugares (buenisimas fotos) y bueno cada vez te me vas mas lejos eh?
Asi no tengo mucho chance de visitarte algun dia-
Con cariño
Martha Dominguez

emilie anne said...

Hey! Thanks for saying you think Montreal's the most beautiful city you've ever visited! That's really awesome :)

Nadya said...

Hey there !!! I don't even know You , but I wish I could. I'm from México City , lived in SF, CA for ten years, now I'm back to my country and really missed USA .Hard to go back, but not impossible. Looking at your pictures made me realize I left a big part of me in SF. I'm grateful for the chance I had to be there and meet the greatest people ever, by the way I love that picture of you in Brodway.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carlos Manuel:
By chance I found your blog because I was looking at Montreal images. I would like to get in touch w/ u 'cause we have a lot of things in common. At least "we're from The Family" haha. If u wish, please write to:
eclipsesublime@hotmail.com.
I am in Bogota, Colombia now. Bye...