Monday, September 03, 2007

Once again, as every summer for the last 4 years, I went to visit my sister in Mexico City. This time, I went to different places. One of them was the City of Queretaro. The photo below shows "El Cascabel" a symbol of the city, a statue located right downtown.

Una vez más, como en los cuatro últimos veranos, visité a mi hermana en la ciudad de México. Esta vez fue a diferentes partes. Una de ellas, la ciuadad de Querétaro. La foto anterior muestra a "El Cascabel" símbolo de la ciudad, una estatue que se encuentra en el centro.

As part of my trip, I also visited San Miguel Allende, Guanajuato, a small but very pretty tourist town. In the photos below, I am at the town's square.
Parte de mi viaje consistió en visitar San Miguel Allende, Guanajuato, un pueblo pequeño pero muy bonito y turístico. En la foto anterior estoy en la plaza del pueblo.

Here I'm at a rooftop, waiting for our lunch and the view from such rooftop.
Aquí estoy en la azotea de un restaurante, esperando mi comida. Y esta es la vista desde allí.

At one of the trips into Coyoacán (area in Mexico City where Frida Kahlo lived) we went to eat to a mercado. In there, two guys made hotcakes, but they made them to your liking. Here, they made a pancake in the shape of my favorite cartoon: Marvin the Martian and his dog K-9.
En uno de los tantos viajes a Coyoacán, (area en la ciudad donde vivió Frida Kahlo, fuimos a un mercado. En el mercado, dos perosnas cocinaban pancakes a tu gusto. Aquí diseñaron dos con mi caricatura favorita: El Marciano Marvin y su perro K-9.

Right before coming back, I visited downtown and was surprised to see how an entire building had been decorated with rainblow flags. Why? I had no clue but it was nice to see.
Antes de regresar a los Estados Unidos, visité el centro histórico y me sorprendió ver un edificio decorado con banderas del arco iris. No tengo ni idea porque pero es bonito.

The night before I left, my best friend Luis and I went to the Auditorio Nacional. We saw Caetano Beloso in concert. This photo is right outside the auditorium.

La noche antes de regresar, mi mejor amigo Luis y yo fuimos al Auditorio Nacional. Atendimos un concierto por Caetano Beloso. Esta foto fue tomada fuera del auditorio.

2 comments:

omar-scorpio said...

Que bonito Mexiquito, los extrañamos en el retiro.

Checate mi blog onuva.blogspot.com

Omar

Anonymous said...

the rainbow flags maybe a gay pride thing(???)