Saturday, July 28, 2012

WHEN IN LONDON.... VISIT CARDIFF & DR WHO

          ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED AND THEY ARE MY PROPERTY. THEY ARE NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN


Ever since the new wave of Dr. Who came onto the screen, I got hooked into such series. And when actors I actually admired became incarnations of the Doctor, I felt in love with the show. 


With that in mind, I decided to go to Cardiff and become part of the "Dr. Who Experience."

Cardiff is an easy two hour train ride from London Paddington. Once in Cardiff, the place was easy to find. Either signs told me where to go...

or unique structures guided me in the right direction...


or when asking people, they tried to describe the building for me...
Either way, arriving at the Dr. Who Experience was no problem. 


On the way there I saw wonderful things:


The Millennium Stadium, where the first Olympic game was played (Soccer: Britain vs New Zealand...)


The Bay with its magnificent structures and patios...


The Roald Dahl Plaza (Roald was born in Wales and its the author of many famous books such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and Matilda to named a few...)


A memorial to Captain Robert Falcon Scott who led two expeditions to the Antarctic. This memorial is called "Antarctic 100..."




 The Merchants Seafarer's War Memorial...


A colorful church with an amazing tower clock...


And of course, the Millennium Theatre, which has appeared in several "Dr. Who" episodes as well as being the main backdrop for "Torchwood." 

I saw all that so I could be part of this:


Me inside the TARDIS!!!!


Me right in front of the TARDIS!


Hey, wait, what? Is that Dr Who #11?


Oh, no! I was a prisoner of the Daleks. Don't they know I'm n their side?


Uh.. dude, keep your hand off my shoulder!


I never liked dolls. And these here can't leave me alone!


Yeap. They are friendly so they say!

Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!!!!!!



No comments: