Monday, January 08, 2024

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND 2023

 This was my second time visiting Manchester. But, unlike the first time, which was just for a couple of hours while doing some grocery shopping, this time I was there for three days visiting my dear friends Travis and Giovanna. 

Travis is an American and Giovanna is an Italian. Both of them are immigrants living in England. Travis teaches theatre and Giovanna works for an airline company. Travis used to work where I work. And the plan was that he was gong to marry Giovanna and she was going to move from England to the USA. But months before her wedding, the orange became president so she refused to make the move. Travis then had to leave his job and move to the UK. 

A couple of years ago they bought a house in Manchester, and I was due for a visit. This is my second time visiting them. The first time they lived in Liverpool and were renting. To tell you the truth, Giovanna's move to stay in England, is the best decision she could have made. 

I found Manchester to be a great city, full of life, culture, arts, and sports. After all, Manchester is, um, the home of Manchester United.  

Next: Theatre in London

No comments: