Friday, January 12, 2024

THEATRE IN LONDON SPRING 2023

 If you follow my blog you know that one of the main things I always do while in London is go to the theatre. I see a lot of it, to the point that anyone that doesn't like theatre and travels with me, at some point will disassociate from me because of it. This time around I was on my own, so I saw lots of plays, and all of them pretty good. And between theatre, I also visited places I've been or have never been before. 

I saw a lot of shows this time. Sometimes two a day. And I thought I took pictures of every show I attended but it seems I didn't but here are a few of them. 

From musicals based on films to old classic mysteries to modern adaptation of Greek tragedies, I saw them all. 


I don't think I have a favorite show because I enjoyed watching plays and musical in London. Although "Back to the Future, the Musical" is on my mind as my favorite musical. I dislike "Six." I understand the premise and the message but, um, they are all actually dead and that wasn't really their lives so I don't see the point of the musical. My two memorable plays were "Black Superhero" at the Royal Court and "For Black Boys Who Have Considered Suicide When the Hue Gets Too Heavy," an ensemble lyrical piece at The Apollo Theater in the West End. And my most memorable comedy is "Accidental Death of an Anarchist" at The Lyric Hammersmith Theater." 


No comments: