Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LA CASA AZUL

ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED AND THEY ARE MY PROPERTY. THEY ARE NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN
As expected, visiting LA CASA AZUL (The Frida Kahlo Museum) was a very good experience. I was able to take more than a hundred pictures, as well as talked to some very knowledgeable people. The best part is that I was able to see many of Frida's paintings as well as learned new things about her that I had not read in any of the books. 


One of my many favorite things in La Casa Azul was the kitchen.


And here is the other, Frida's bed.


 The patio, colorful and very inviting. 


The famous "Judas" or La Muerte.


And what an incredible garden.


This is the famous pyramid, Diego had in the garden. It got so big that a new place (very expensive project) was started, it is now known as Anahucalli (The Diego Rivera Museum). I'll be there tomorrow.


This is one of the Tehuana dresses Frida used to wear. I saw a similar dress at the market. Cost $350.


Frida's prosthetic leg.


Frida's wheelchair.


Frida's painting materials.  







Finally, some of the many corsets Frida wore after the accident and throughout here life.


Here is an image of one of the markets. Colorful. 


Frutas, candy, pinatas, and food, food, and more food. 

And this is what I ate. Quesadillas, gorditas, and tlacoyos... all made as I ordered them. 

Of course, I have to have one of this.


And one of this.

And I couldn't pass out my favorite: "Nieve de Cajeta" (Caramel Ice Cream)

A popular celebration going on.

Graffitti artists using their talent to tell the tales of our people.

Finally, I leave you with "The Tree of Life." This particular sculpture is about 20 feet tall.

No comments: